Sunday, February 04, 2007

Weekend Getaway (of the not so rich and famous)



Last week I took of for some weekend breather chillaxing in the bucolic splendor of Barobo and ended up skipping a class and missing a rescheduled midterm exam. Despite the hang-ups, that weekend undeniably served its purpose: I hid away from the world, gave myself some fresh air, and got home. Now that’s a powerhouse combination.
The midterm week was so stressful that I seemed to have forgotten to enjoy all the simple pleasures in life. So when I experienced nature, It was as if I tasted it for the first time. I drank water and got big kick out of drinking something that existed way before anyone on earth. The water I drank may even be the water Ernesto Guevarra gulped, Cleopatra bathed with, or what I have just drunk the other day. Drinking never felt so good. Not only did I connect powerbonded with history, but also quenched my thirst. And boy, did it taste good.
Then I sat on the couch, whisked myself from reality, armed with a remote control and finally south R&R once again in the North of Africa, Mexico, and Japan within 2 hours. I didn’t have to spend a single cent and yet I got to play God and slouched in the most comfortable position. Babel is now officially listed on my favorites.
So when my classmates asked why I didn’t show up in a major class and missed an exam, I just smiled. There are some things money can’t buy. But for everything else, I have my mind good in imagining things.

No comments: